Monday, January 28, 2008

Mommy is Sick - Originally written on January 11, 2008

I woke up this morning with a sore throat and a low grade fever. I went to work feeling awful. (I usually don't miss work when I'm sick, since I use my sick days when my kids are sick.) The school nurse took my temperature and it was 99.9 --- I usually read a little low 97, so I could tell I had a fever. I took some Advil and had my students sing some of their favorite songs.
As soon as Jared was dropped off in my room, the first thing to come out of his mouth is, "Mom, we are going to see THE PIRATES WHO DON'T DO ANYTHING - A VEGGIE TALE MOVIE. " Now, you have to realize, Jared has been saying, "January 11 is the day the movie comes out" for 1 1/2 months.
I hate to disappoint him, but we will need to wait. I want to see the movie, too!
Pray for me to get better. But, more important, pray for Jared so he can cope with the disappointment!

No comments: