This past week, I've been emailing Jared's Sp. Ed. Teacher. She had two stories to share with me. You're going to love the last one ( it happened when he was in second grade). In her own words:
- The other day Jared was trying to get my attention during a test that I was reading to him. I was looking at something else when he decided he was
ready for me to read the next question. Rather than call my name or
reach over and touch my arm, or ANY other appropriate attention getting method,
Jared leaned into my face, and made the weird "Jared" contortion, scary
face.
I told him that that was not an appropriate way to get my
attention and that it was rude to make ugly faces at people. The other
teacher in the room asked what I was getting onto him for. So, I
walked to her desk and QUIETLY told her.
Of course Jared said "WHAT
ARE YOU TELLING HER?"
So, I told him, "I'm letting her know that we
need to remind you not to make faces at people when you want their
attention."
Jared: "But that's rude to talk about other
people."
Me: "Usually it is, but other teachers need to know these
things."
He then proceeded to put his hands over his ears, shake
his head and tell me, "It's just disturbing. That is just so
disturbing." *sigh* I love him!
I should also tell you that your son has affected my
speech patterns. After an extended period of time with Jared, I
mysteriously stop speaking with the use of any contractions. I've actually
made it all the way home doing that. My husband thinks I'm nuts.
SECOND STORY: He had a student teacher during second grade.
One day she was trying to explain something to him, and was using the methods that she had been taught to use with kids...unaware that the rules are a little different in Jared World. She changed the words she was using several times in an attempt to simplify the instructions for him. But, she ended up just confusing him more. Finally, he looked up at her with his most frustrated face and said, "Stick to the script, lady!"
3 comments:
BA HAHAHA! i love him so much!
Awww... he loves you, too. Mac was lamenting the other day that you weren't going to "wait" for Jared. Don't worry, we don't begrudge Aaron at all. :-)
hey mrs.Sedino nathan t here .Ijst wanted to say "THAT WAS FUNNY!"
Post a Comment