Thursday, January 14, 2010

Calling all Bible scholars..... help

One of Jared's nervous tics is bending/twisting his fingers (he was born with hyper flexible joints). He lifts one finger and then contorts the others in ungodly ways. Then, he lifts another finger, and contorts the others remaining. He does that with each finger.

Well, one evening, we had a conversation, and it went like this:

Jared: "Mom, why shouldn't I lift my middle finger?"

Me: "Huh?"

Jared: "I was told not to lift my middle finger. Is it bad?"

Me: "It's not a nice sign to make. It means something bad to other people."

Jared: "But, my finger isn't bad!"

Me: "I know that, Mijo. "


Jared: "So, why can't I lift up my finger?"

Me: "Just don't do it."

Jared: "Well, show me in the Bible where it says that I can't lift up my finger."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

respect a tough thing to teach